Creating custom marathon T-shirts allows you to add a personal touch to commemorate the event or identify others from your running group. Whether you want to make your marathon shirts for commemoration, celebration or camaraderie, this blog will dive into the essential steps to take when creating your own marathon running shirts.
Benefits of Custom Marathon T-Shirts
The benefits of custom marathon T-shirts range from showing support for runners to creating a way for onlookers to support a charitable cause.
4 Steps to Create Custom Marathon T-Shirts
Before you’re off to the races printing your custom marathon shirts, there are four steps you need to take before your print run.
1. Choose a Design
When choosing or creating your design, think about the most important facets of what you want your shirt to do. Are you producing a line of exercise gear that needs to accommodate movement and provide long-term comfort, or are you making gag T-shirts that just need to be breathable while you cheer on a friend from the sidelines? Print Bind Ship has a host of designers who can help you design the perfect shirt to suit your needs.
2. Determine the Quantity and Size of the Shirts
Creating T-shirts for events like marathons typically involves producing a specific number of shirts. Depending on your running group, you may need anywhere from 20 to 200 custom marathon shirts. It’s also important to know how many shirts are needed in each size so that everyone has the perfect marathon shirt. Ordering a few extras of each size will allow you to have more for outside supporters.
3. Select a Fabric
You can choose from many fabrics for your custom marathon T-shirts each with advantages and disadvantages. Options include:
- Bamboo: Bamboo is an environmentally conscious substitute for artificial fibers. It’s soft, prevents sweat accumulation and hinders bacteria growth.
- Cotton: Cotton is not the best material for running because it absorbs sweat and holds it close to your skin, causing discomfort from feeling damp and overheated.
- Nylon: Nylon is commonly used for running attire because it effectively wicks away sweat, allows air to flow through and lets the athlete move freely for an enjoyable experience.
- Polyester: Polyester is a synthetic textile known for being long-lasting, lightweight, breathable and water-resistant. It deflects ultraviolet rays and is warm in damp conditions, making it an excellent choice for sportswear like running jackets. But unlike natural fibers, it lacks antibacterial properties.
- Polypropylene: Runners like this fabric for its water-resistant properties, which make it an excellent choice for a base layer. No matter how much you perspire during your run, this fabric will remain dry against your skin.
- Spandex: Spandex, also called Lycra, is a pliable and adaptable material that can stretch to give you a full range of motion. Once stretched, it returns back to its original shape without constraints on your movement.
- Wool: Merino wool is a great choice for running in any weather because it regulates temperature, is breathable and wicks sweat, has anti-bacterial properties and is typically blended with spandex to create a more tailored fit. As an added benefit, Merino wool is impressively lightweight.
4. Find an Online Printing Company
You can buy custom marathon T-shirts from a variety of sources, including online printing companies and local print shops. When choosing an online printing company, knowing its offerings and capabilities in the fabric printing space is crucial.
When looking for an online printing company to create custom marathon T-shirts, read reviews to make sure they’re reputable and compare prices. Print Bind Ship has 60 years of experience that can help you create your perfect custom marathon T-shirt. Print Bind Ship offers cost-effective solutions for any batch size you require, and we can arrange direct shipping within one day of processing if needed.
Important Considerations for Printing Custom Marathon T-Shirts
When creating a marathon T-shirt, it’s essential to consider cost, quality, time and what you’ll use you’ll it for. Choosing the wrong materials can lead to a lower-quality product that may not last as long or could cause skin irritation. Take a closer look at what to consider when creating your custom marathon T-shirts.
Cost of Materials
High-quality fabrics may be more expensive but they last longer and provide better comfort for runners. Investing in high-quality fabrics is smart when creating custom marathon T-shirts — especially for runners who participate in multiple marathons seasonally. If you choose lower-quality materials for custom marathon T-shirts, the final product will not be as comfortable or long-lasting.
Quality of Printing
Choose a company that uses high-quality ink and fabrics to print your T-shirts. Make sure it uses state-of-the-art printing technology to ensure that your custom marathon T-shirts come out perfectly.
When it comes to turnaround time, plan ahead. Order your custom T-shirts well in advance, and ask about the company’s estimated turnaround time to make sure it aligns with your needs. Give yourself plenty of time for revisions and changes as well as shipping and delivery.
Where to Buy Custom Marathon T-Shirts
For a hassle-free experience with excellent quality and quick turnaround time, Print Bind Ship is the perfect place to buy your custom marathon T-shirts. With over 60 years of experience in the printing industry, you can trust that we will deliver exactly what you need for your marathon event. Order your custom marathon T-shirts from Print Bind Ship today and stand out — or run — from the crowd at your next race.
Get a Move on Printing
High-quality, custom marathon T-shirts are essential for runners who participate in multiple marathons seasonally. They ensure comfort and durability for longer wear. Choosing a reputable company with state-of-the-art printing technology, such as Print Bind Ship, will ensure that your custom marathon T-shirts are made with the highest quality materials and printing techniques, resulting in a product you can rely on for all your marathon events. Whether you need your shirts fast or you have time to wait, Print Bind Ship can be your perfect printing partner.
Short runs of shirts can be done in a day, and Print Bind Ship will start your order once it’s processed and have it shipped within 24 hours.
Custom marathon T-shirt prices depend on fabric choice, print options and quantity. Shirts can be $20 to $30 per shirt when printed in a small batch.
The best material for marathon T-shirts is nylon or a Merino wool blend.